425 Nate Whipple Highway
Cumberland Beagle Club
BOWLING PIN SHOOT, HOSTAGE SCENARIO
Pistols, pistol calibers only
(no AR, AK, 300blk, etc., i.e. no pistols w/brace (written pre-May 31))
No one is checking for magazine capacity, but club rules (10 round max) are in effect for the new, unconstitutional, law.
Iron sights only
and October 14
TIMES: 10am – noon and 1-3pm rain or shine
LOCATION: Lower Range- 50yd (at the berm- new location)
LIMITED TO FIRST 16 PER RELAY WHO SIGN UP (others will be waitlisted or part of a second group of 16)
Pre-register via email, $20/shooter fee per relay due at the event
Bowling pin shoots are a head-to-head competition shot at 35 feet. Two (2) tables: 5 pins on each are set up, 16″ apart, 3’ from the back on 8′ wide by 4′ deep reinforced plywood tables. Hostage pins (shorter, painted) set up for the entire match at the same, fair position. The first shooter to get all five pins on the ground wins the round. Pins that are knocked over must be shot off the table and onto the ground. Dead hostage (shot/knocked over) = loss. Any ties will be re-shot. Double elimination. Any “Kuklo” (shooter-induced target malfunctions) or other technical issues will be re-shot. Safety issues such as a “Moe” (squib production specialist) may result in disqualification. RSO decisions are final. Most hostages shot gets made fun of for the rest of the day. Bring a chair or you’ll be standing or sitting under the eyebrow 100’ back. Pop-up tents will provide shade FOR THE SHOOTER as needed after noon (or shelter all day in the event of rain).
- Competitors must provide their own pistol, eye protection, ear protection and ammunition.
- Two (2) magazines of 7 rounds each OR one magazine of 10 rounds.
- Ammo: Flat Point (FP) or Hollow Point (HP) preferred, not required; all ammo should contain gunpowder (you know who you are).
- Participants shooting revolvers may use TWO (2) revolvers (same round limit)
- Empty chamber indicators are required (available on request)
- Winner receives HALF of the fee collected. Other HALF goes to CUMBERLAND BEAGLE CLUB.
- Brackets from http://printyourbrackets.com/
- Random pairing/squadding from Random Number Generator https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mch.pavel.randomizer for the initial matchups. Shooter number (#1-16) is based on order of sign-up.
- Any further issues are *cough* “user error.”
ADDED FUN SHOOTS – WILL VARY BY DATE
*(Fun LOLLIPOP shoot immediately following- .22cal pistol, any sights/optics (no lasers)- 25’, 0.80” lollipops); Side betting is up to competitors. Bring your own ammo and pistol.
*(Fun STEEL EGG shoot immediately following- .22cal pistol, any sights/optics (no lasers)- 25′, 5 shots on 5 eggs, most knocked off 2×4 wins); Side betting is up to competitors. Bring your own ammo and pistol.
*(Fun POP TOP shoot immediately following- .22cal pistol, any sights/optics (no lasers)- 25’, shooting the tops of old pins- 5 shots on 5 pins, most knocked off 2×4 wins); Side betting is up to competitors. Bring your own ammo and pistol.
All competitors must register in advance. You may sign up either via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or in the CBC on the sign-up sheet near the shoot date. Final sign-up date is three days prior to the event, at noon.
Thank you and good luck!